Thursday 19 June 2014

TAKE TWO


Well.

I find myself beginning round two of Kitt the Britt with a ding ding of the bell and a new blog design.

I started blogging in early 2013 as a bit of an outlet for my style / beauty / creative needs amidst the pressures of uni life. I happily added to the blog for several months until I hit a bit of a stumbling block in the form of a summer internship, a job which meant living on the other side of the country and working long, busy hours as a member of a festival production team . The fact that I had no one to act as my willing photographer, combined with the reality that my daily styling consisted of steel-cap boots and old baggy t-shirts, meant that the blog quickly trailed off due to a pitiful lack of material. By the end of the summer, I had spent too much time away from the blog and allowed self-doubt to creep in -- Is anyone even reading what I post? Isn't blogging a very narcissistic thing? Isn't this all a bit... cringey? -- and I decided to bring Kitt the Britt to a close.

So what's changed my mind? I'm not entirely sure, but I think it comes down to this: I love reading blogs. I have a decent-sized list of lifestyle, beauty and fashion bloggers who I regularly check up on. Need style ideas? I look on blogs. Want beauty product recommendations? I look on blogs. Fancy a "beautiful pictures" fix? Blogs. I'm very active in the blogging world, but only as eyes -- isn't my voice valid too? Narcissism, vanity, bragging -- these are the words that have been lingering scratchily at the back of my mind whenever I've thought about starting to blog again. But as I spend so much time listening to the voices of other bloggers, surely it's alright to add my own to the throng?

Yes, being narcissistic is still a worry, but it's not inevitable. I can share my thoughts and my passions without being boastful. I can have opinions without being ashamed.

I'm blogging again, and that's okay, because we're all allowed to have a voice.

Kitty xx

No comments:

Post a Comment