Monday 8 September 2014

WHAT'S IN MY (UNI) BAG?

A big warm round of applause for my trusty Cath Kidston satchel, please. I bought this wee beauty two years ago in the Cath Kidston shop in Cambridge, only able to justify the price tag because of a discount voucher. I had wanted one of these satchels for a while, and then when my sister purchased a floral one I knew I just had to get my mitts on one of my own. She's been my trusty bag for uni ever since: she's stuck with me on my daily bus journeys, treks across campus, and library camp-outs  come sun, rain, wind or snow (and believe me, there's been a lot of snow). I have always loved getting my school bag ready, and as this is potentially my last year as a student (boo) I thought I'd do a special University edition of the 'What's in my Bag?' tag. This is a long'un, so fellow nosy bag-lovers - you're welcome!

Also, for any beauty lovers reading: my nail colour is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 'Ruby Do'.

// Umbrella //
It can be a burden to lug around, but a brolly never goes amiss when I'm spending all day on campus. Compact-able and polka-dotted are two very pleasant bonuses.

 // Keys //
Featuring key rings such as a Cath Kidston fob, a Harry Potter chocolate frog (that really smells like chocolate!), and a London 2012 Olympics souvenir.

// Phone //
Samsung Galaxy S4. Peonies for wallpaper - need I say more?

// Lotion //
A must for my art student's hands/elbows. I'm not usually fussy about which lotion I have - so long as it works I'm happy - but I'm currently using The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter.

// Laptop //
MacBook Air with a Greene + Gray memory foam case. For writing essays (read: browsing Pinterest) on the go.

// Gum //
When I'm eating tuna sandwiches for lunch and I've still got four hours of classes, projects and general social interaction left, gum is a must-have.

// Pencil Case //
UK stationary shop Paperchase has been my go-to place for gorgeous pencil cases since I started secondary school. I'm a firm believer in the need to surround yourself with beauty, and prints like this make doing so easy.

// Student Card //
I bought this bus pass cover at a Paperchase in Brighton two years ago and I think my reasons for purchasing are self-evident. I mean, just look at it! I use it for my student card which doubles as a bus pass, and fellow commuters compliment it on a regular basis. 

// Notebooks //
I know that I could go to a supermarket and buy a cheap blank notebook but I just can't resist trying to find the most beautiful books for my class notes. This year I picked up this duo by Pastel at Indigo Books and I can't wait to get writing.

// iPod //
Yes, my S4 has music on it and yes, this iPod Classic is old-school, but I take it with me whenever I can. It's actually my Dad's and the reason I'm always pinching it is because it's synced up to my Dad's friend's ultra-cool, ultra-diverse iTunes Library. Cue bus ride serenades courtesy of The Smiths, Dido, Gabrielle Aplin, Tom Odell etc etc etc. 

// Micron Pens //
Whether I'm writing notes, doodling, or creating a full-on serious work of art, these pens are my faves. I especially love them in Sepia - plus, they're fairly inexpensive at my local art supplies shop.

// Coin Purse //
With all of the stuff I have crammed into my satchel I don't have room for my usual envelope style purse, so I use a coin purse for loose change and my debit card. This one by Forever England was a present from my Nan-nan.

// Paper clips //
These flower-shaped paper clips by Paperchase have been used several times to secure essays in lieu of a stapler. I don't know if I've ever received extra marks on the grounds of extra-cute stationary, but I sure should have.

// Sunglasses //
I've had my Ray-Ban Wayfarers for years and I will never get sick of them. Never ever ever.

// Lip Products // 
If I ever empty my bag, I usually find half-forgotten lip products in every single pocket. My current loves are Clinique Almost Lipstick, Burts Bees Lip Balm, and Revlon Colorbust Matt Balm in Complex. 


Kitty xx

No comments:

Post a Comment